Hynes is fortunate enough to have many volunteers and teachers willing to sponsor clubs and activities.
A variety of activities, clubs, and sports are offered at Hynes.
- The Hynes PTO supports school-wide goals and initiatives through providing volunteers and coordinating fundraising.
- A’s and Aces– Tennis and tutoring program to promote success on and off the court.
- Metro Middle School League– Students in grades 5-8 may try out for the volleyball, flag football, cross country, basketball, soccer, softball, and baseball teams.
- Whitney Bank at School Program– Students are encouraged to save their money on a monthly basis by making deposits when the Whitney bankers come to school. This enhances student knowledge of financial literacy.
- Girls on the Run and Heart and Sole– GOTR hosts a 5K in the fall and spring to encourage girls in grades 3-5 and 6-8 to set goals and achieve them.
- Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops are organized at most grade levels.
- Junior Achievement– All JA programs for elementary students are used at Hynes. They include Finance Park, Financial Literacy Day, and BizTown. The JA curriculum inspires young people to succeed in a global economy.
- New Orleans Academic Games League– Students in grades 4 and higher compete in Propaganda, Equations, Presidents, and On Sets.
- Hynes students participate in local academic competitions hosted by area high schools and colleges.
- Recycle Rangers are 3rd graders who encourage recycling of paper and plastic on campus.
- Student Council schedules service projects throughout the school year. This year students will facilitate the following: Boo at the Zoo Candy Drive, Think Pink fundraiser for American Cancer Society, a food drive to benefit Second Harvest Food Bank, Mardi Gras bead drive for St. Michael’s, Pennies for Patients, and a blood drive.
- Hynes students display their talents in the school chorus, theater troupe, cheer squad, pep squad, city-wide spelling bee, and band.